Tornados make it seven straight with win over ConverseMarch 20, 2010
Brevard sweeps all three doubles matches on way to victory
Brevard, N.C. - The Tornados swept all three doubles matches on their way to seventh consecutive victory, defeating Converse at the BC Tennis Complex Saturday morning, 8-1.
The win boosts Brevard’s record to 7-2, while the Valkyries fall to 1-8 on the season.
Kayley Duval and Lindsay Hostetter led the Tornados on doubles court No. 1, topping Lindsey Kelly and Olivia Self, 8-4. Claire Dillman and Kim Dixon defeated Rachel Wilkes and Lee Cantey, 8-2, on court 2, while Merek Slagle and Jennifer Nyman completed the sweep on court No. 3 against Francesca Mayer and Gulnora Yuldasheva with the 8-3 victory.
Cantey gave Converse their lone point on the morning in singles action, defeating Sara Douglas at No. 4 singles, 6-3, 6-3, but the Tornados did not drop a set the rest of the way as Hostetter, Dillman, Duval, Dixon and Nyman completed the victory for Brevard.
Ellie Bartholomew also competed for the Tornados this morning in an exhibition match, topping her opponent 6-1, 6-3, for her first collegiate win.
Brevard is back in action on Tuesday, March 23rd, as the Tornados host North Georgia on the BC Tennis Complex with the doubles matches scheduled to begin at 2 p.m.
1. Lindsay Hostetter (BCW) def. Olivia Self (CCW) 6-0, 6-1
2. Claire Dillman (BCW) def. Lindsey Kelly (CCW) 6-2, 6-1
3. Kayley Duval (BCW) def. Rachel Wilkes (CCW) 6-0, 6-2
4. Lee Cantey (CCW) def. Sara Douglas (BCW) 6-3, 6-3
5. Kim Dixon (BCW) def. Gulnora Yuldasheva (CCW) 6-2, 7-6(3)
6. Jennifer Nyman (BCW) def. Francesca Mayer (CCW) 6-1, 6-0
1. Kayley Duval/Lindsay Hostetter (BCW) def. Lindsey Kelly/Olivia Self (CCW) 8-4
2. Claire Dillman/Kim Dixon (BCW) def. Rachel Wilkes/Lee Cantey (CCW) 8-2
3. Merek Slagle/Jennifer Nyman (BCW) def. Francesca Mayer/Gulnora Yuldasheva (CCW) 8-3