Tornados take five of six singles matches in victory over Saints
Feron clinches match as Brevard wins third straight
Brevard, N.C. - Brevard took five of the six singles matches on Tuesday afternoon against visiting North Georgia, capped by Dorian Feron’s victory at No. 6 singles as Brevard topped the Saints, 6-3.
The win gives Brevard their third straight victory as the Tornados improve to 4-5 on the season, while North Georgia falls to 1-12.
Grant Patrick and Brandon Sloan took down Brevard’s Feron and Scott McCormick in doubles No. 1, 9-7, while Adrien Saulais and Parker LaSure topped BC’s Andrew Thompson and Jonathan Kuhn, 8-4.
The Tornados achieved their lone point in doubles on the No. 2 court as Cole Altizer and Jarred Fisher pulled out the 8-4 victory over Luciano Paes Neto and Daniel Aquilon.
Fisher fell in No. 3 singles to Patrick, but Brevard rallied to take the next five singles matches and Feron clinched the win with his three-set, 6-4, 1-6, 6-2 victory over LaSure.
Brevard remains at home as they jump back into South Atlantic Conference play by hosting Wingate on Friday, March 26th, with first serve coming at 2 p.m.
1. Scott McCormick (BC) def. Luciano Paes Neto (NGCSUM) 6-2, 7-5
2. Cole Altizer (BC) def. Daniel Aquilon (NGCSUM) 6-0, 6-2
3. Grant Partrick (NGCSUM) def. Jarred Fisher (BC) 3-6, 7-5, 1-0 (10-0)
4. Jonathan Kuhn (BC) def. Brandon Sloan (NGCSUM) 2-6, 6-4, 6-3
5. Andrew Thompson (BC) def. Adrien Saulais (NGCSUM) 6-4, 6-2
6. Dorian Feron (BC) def. Parker LaSure (NGCSUM) 6-4, 1-6, 6-2
1. Grant Partrick/Brandon Sloan (NGCSUM) def. Dorian Feron/Scott McCormick (BC) 9-7
2. Cole Altizer/Jarred Fisher (BC) def. Luciano Paes Neto/Daniel Aquilon (NGCSUM) 8-4
3. Adrien Saulais/Parker LaSure (NGCSUM) def. Andrew Thompson/Jonathan Kuhn (BC) 8-4