Tornados nine-match streak snapped in 5-4 loss
Brevard falls to SAC leader Tusculum on Saturday afternoon
Greeneville, N.C. - The Tornados swept the top three singles matches but were unable to come up with five points as Tusculum snapped Brevard’s nine match winning streak with the 5-4 victory.
Brevard falls to 9-3, 2-1 in South Atlantic Conference action, while Tusculum improves to 14-1 and 5-0 in conference play.
Kayley Duval and Jennifer Nyman teamed up to get Brevard’s lone point in doubles play, winning 8-6 over Blake Thompson and Katie Hillis.
Lindsay Shaeffer led the Tornados in singles action, picking up the win on court No. 1 over Courtney Conley, 6-0, 6-3. Lindsay Hostetter and Claire Dillman were also victorious for Coach Paul Thomson at courts No. 2 and 3, with Hostetter topping Katelyn Doss, 6-4, 6-4, and Dillman emerging victorious over Taylor Patterson, 6-3, 6-0.
The Tornados are back on the courts on Wednesday, March 31st, hosting Catawba at the BC Tennis Complex. First serve for the doubles matches is set for 2 p.m.
1. Lindsay Shaeffer (BCW) def. Courtney Conley (TCW) 6-0, 6-3
2. Lindsay Hostetter (BCW) def. Katelyn Doss (TCW) 6-4, 6-4
3. Claire Dillman (BCW) def. Taylor Patterson (TCW) 6-3, 6-0
4. Blake Thompson (TCW) def. Kayley Duval (BCW) 6-4, 6-4
5. Caroline Crowe (TCW) def. Kim Dixon (BCW) 0-6, 6-4, 6-3
6. Megan Buckmaster (TCW) def. Jennifer Nyman (BCW) 6-2, 6-1
1. Katelyn Doss/Caroline Crowe (TCW) def. Lindsay Shaeffer/Kim Dixon (BCW) 8-6
2. Courtney Conley/Taylor Patterson (TCW) def. Lindsay Hostetter/Claire Dillman (BCW) 9-8
3. Kayley Duval/Jennifer Nyman (BCW) def. Blake Thompson/Katie Hillis (TCW) 8-6