BC men fall to Saints 5-4 in finale of spring tripMarch 12, 2011
The Tornados were unable to overcome North Georgia in a 5-4 loss at Hilton Head Beach & Tennis Resort
Hilton Head Island, S.C. – The Brevard College men’s tennis team in heartbreaking fashion on Saturday morning. The Tornados were downed by the North Georgia Saints, 5-4.
Brevard fell to 5-5 on the season with the loss, and 4-1 on their trip to Hilton Head Island.
The men started in doubles action today and took the #1 and #2 doubles matches. Scott McCormick/Beau Wills won the #1 spot by taking down Brandon Sloan/Felipe Friedrich, 8-2. Cole Altizer/Sam MacNeil won their doubles match 8-6 as they defeated Mateus Camasmie/Adrien Saulais.
In singles, the Tornados were only able to come out on top of two matches. Wills took his match with relative ease. He defeated Adrien Saulais in straight sets, 6-3, 6-1. McCormick was able to win his first set easily, 6-1. The second set was a different story as it went to a tie breaker that McCormick was able to win, giving him a win in straight sets.
The Tornados are back on the court at McCoy Tennis Complex at Brevard College on March 19th when they take on Emmanuel College.
1. Scott McCormick (BCM) def. Felipe Friedrich (NGCSU) 6-1, 7-6
2. Mateus Camasmie (NGCSU) def. Sam MacNeil (BCM) 4-6, 6-4, 10-4
3. Giovani Santos (NGCSU) def. Cole Altizer (BCM) 6-2, 6-1
4. Beau Wills (BCM) def. Adrien Saulais (NGCSU) 6-3, 6-1
5. Brandon Sloan (NGCSU) def. Jarred Fisher (BCM) 6-3, 6-4
6. Ernesto Farinas (NGCSU) def. Shane Apps (BCM) 6-3, 6-2
1. Scott McCormick/Beau Wills (BCM) def. Brandon Sloan/Felipe Friedrich (NGCSU) 8-2
2. Cole Altizer/Sam MacNeil (BCM) def. Mateus Camasmie/Adrien Saulais (NGCSU) 8-6
3. Giovani Santos/Ernesto Farinas (NGCSU) def. Jarred Fisher/Shane Apps (BCM) 8-5