Women's tennis wins 9-0 over Emmanuel
The BC women's tennis team defeated Emmanuel College 9-0 on Saturday afternoon
Brevard, N.C. – The Brevard College women’s tennis team coasted to a victory of Emmanuel College on Saturday afternoon by a score of 9-0. The Tornado women are now 7-5 on the season.
In doubles action, the Tornados took both matches, as they only played two due to short roster of Emmanuel. At #1 doubles Lindsay Hostetter/Claire Dillman took down Christianne Tetley/Rachel Gregory, 8-3. At #2 doubles Elise Labus/Jennifer Nyman won their match 8-5 over Kristin Porterfield/Olivia Gash, 8-5.
Brevard and Emmanuel played just five singles matches due to the fact that Emmanuel only had five women’s players make the trip to Brevard. At #1 singles, Lindsay Shaeffer was able to take down Tetley 6-3, 7-5. Dillman won her #2 singles match without dropping a game, 6-0, 6-0. Prata played #3 singles and defeated Olivia Gash, 6-0, 6-2. At #4 singles Nyman took down Kristin Porterfield, 6-0, 6-1. And in the #5 singles spot, Labus won 6-0, 6-2 as she defeated Jaclyn Klerk.
The Tornados open up South Atlantic Conference play by taking on Newberry College on Sunday afternoon. The match is set to start at 2 p.m. at the McCoy Tennis Complex.
1. Lindsay Shaeffer (BCW) def. Christianne Tetley (EMCW) 6-3, 7-5
2. Claire Dillman (BCW) def. Rachel Gregory (EMCW) 6-0, 6-0
3. Michelle Prata (BCW) def. Olivia Gash (EMCW) 6-0, 6-2
4. Jennifer Nyman (BCW) def. Kristin Porterfield (EMCW) 6-0, 6-1
5. Elise Labus (BCW) def. Jaclyn Klerk (EMCW) 6-0, 6-2
1. Claire Dillman/Lindsay Hostetter (BCW) def. Christianne Tetley/Rachel Gregory (EMCW) 8-3
2. Elise Labus/Jennifer Nyman (BCW) def. Olivia Gash/Kristin Porterfield (EMCW) 8-5