Tornados down Indians in Salisbury, 7-2March 25, 2011
Brevard wins four of the six singles matches in win
Salisbury, N.C. - Lindsay Shaeffer and Lindsay Hostetter teamed up in doubles and then swept their singles matches in leading the Tornados to a 7-2 SAC victory over Catawba on Friday afternoon.
The Tornados improve to 10-5, 3-0 in conference play, while Catawba falls to 11-10, 3-4 in SAC competition.
Lindsay and Lindsay combined for the first BC point of the afternoon, winning at no. 1 doubles in defeating Kasia Zielinski and Nicole Boyle, 8-4. Michelle Prata and Claire Dillman gave the Tornados the 2-0 lead with their 8-1 victory over Ally Prior and Candace Hall, but Brevard was denied the sweep as Maggie McKee and Jennifer Dameron took the crucial point with their 8-3 victory on court no. 3.
In singles action, Shaeffer, Hostetter, Dillman and Prata remained undefeated on the afternoon with their victories on courts 1, 2, 3 and 4, and Elise Labus played the match of the day, taking Dameron to three sets before falling in the tiebreak 6-3, 5-7, 13-11.
A pair of SAC unbeatens will take place tomorrow afternoon in Wingate, N.C. as the Tornados take on the nationally-ranked Bulldogs. Doubles competition for the matches begins at noon.
1. Lindsay Shaeffer (BCW) def. Kasia Zielinski (CATW) 6-3, 6-1
2. Lindsay Hostetter (BCW) def. Nicole Boyle (CATW) 7-5, 6-0
3. Claire Dillman (BCW) def. Maggie McKee (CATW) 6-0, 6-0
4. Michelle Prata (BCW) def. Ally Prior (CATW) 7-6, 6-0
5. Steffi Cook (CATW) def. Jennifer Nyman (BCW) 7-5, 6-2
6. Elise Labus (BCW) def. Jennifer Dameron (CATW) 6-3, 5-7, 13-11
1. Lindsay Hostetter/Lindsay Shaeffer (BCW) def. Kasia Zielinski/Nicole Boyle (CATW) 8-4
2. Michelle Prata/Claire Dillman (BCW) def. Ally Prior/Candace Hall (CATW) 8-1
3. Maggie McKee/Jennifer Dameron (CATW) def. Elise Labus/Jennifer Nyman (BCW) 8-3