Finch clinches again as Tornados top Senators, 8-1March 8, 2012
Ezenwelu wins in exhibition play for Brevard against Davis & Elkins
Hilton Head, S.C. - George Finch and Rob Havens finished within minutes of each other to clinch the Tornados 8-1 victory over the Senators and Stefano Giovanolli closed out the match winning a third set tiebreaker as Brevard improves to 4-1 on their annual Spring Break trip in Hilton Head.
The Tornados improve to 6-4 with their victory over Davis & Elkins.
Havens and Jonathon Lavelle teamed up to win their second consecutive match at doubles, topping Jacob Haukland and Jason Wood on court no. 3, 8-1 to open the match. Sam MacNeil and Beau Wills gave Brevard their second point with an 8-5 victory over Leonardo Vieira and Agustin Ochoa, while Rory Northam and Giovanolli closed out doubles play and a Brevard sweep with an 8-4 win on court no. 2 over Simon Meriau and Alain Bailey.
The Brevard victories kept coming in singles action as Havens did not drop a set in recording a 6-0, 6-0 victory over Nick Swancott on court no. 6, with Finch ending his match less than two minutes later with the clinching 6-0, 6-2 win on court no. 5 over Haukland.
Wills and MacNeil were close behind as well, with Wills topping Meriau on court no. 2, 6-0, 6-0 and MacNeil continued to remain undefeated in singles play on Spring Break with a 6-3, 6-2 victory over Vieira.
Ochoa gave the Senators their first point of the match, topping Northam after an intense battle on court no. 3, winning 6-3, 6-4. Giovanolli closed out the overall match, coming back after dropping the second set and going into a tiebreaker with Bailey, by winning 6-2, 2-6, 10-6.
In exhibition play, Ifeanyi Ezenwelu also recorded a win for Brevard, taking down his opponent with an 8-0 victory.
Brevard remains in Hilton Head, S.C. for their final match of Spring Break as the Tornados take on Findlay tomorrow morning.
1. Sam MacNeil (BCM) def. Leonardo Vieira (D&E) 6-3, 6-2
2. Beau Wills (BCM) def. Simon Meriau (D&E) 6-0, 6-0
3. Agustin Ochoa (D&E) def. Rory Northam (BCM) 6-3, 6-4
4. Stefano Giovanolli (BCM) def. Alain Bailey (D&E) 6-2, 2-6, 10-6
5. George Finch (BCM) def. Jacob Haukland (D&E) 6-0, 6-2
6. Rob Havens (BCM) def. Nick Swancott (D&E) 6-0, 6-0
1. Sam MacNeil/Beau Wills (BCM) def. Leonardo Vieira/Agustin Ochoa (D&E) 8-5
2. Rory Northam/Stefano Giovanolli (BCM) def. Simon Meriau/Alain Bailey (D&E) 8-4
3. Rob Havens/Jonathon Lavelle (BCM) def. Jacob Haukland/Jason Wood (D&E) 8-1