Wills takes two in Brevard loss to Mount Olive
Tornados drop home match against Trojans
Brevard, N.C. - Beau Wills took victories in singles and doubles play against visiting Mount Olive, but the Trojans outlasted both the elements and Brevard in recording the 7-2 victory over the Tornados.
Brevard falls to 6-7 on the season, while Mount Olive improves to 8-4.
Brevard recorded their first point of the match in doubles competition as Sam MacNeil and Wills teamed up to top Edgar Bub and Rik Wolthuis on court no. 1, giving the Tornados the 8-5 victory. Mount Olive bounced back with 8-3 and 8-0 wins on courts 2 and 3 as Murilo Pelegrino and Akio Mariano defeated George Finch and Stefano Giovanolli, while Diogo Sender and Brahm Moolman topped Jonathon Lavelle and Rory Northam to give the Trojans the 2-1 lead heading into singles play.
Wills gave Brevard their lone point in singles action, topping Gabriel Santana on court no. 2 in straight sets, 6-0, 6-2, but the Trojans were able to take the remainder of the five matches in recording the 7-2 victory. MacNeil and Bub competed in the match of the day on court no. 1, as Bub took the first set 6-3, while MacNeil bounced back with the 7-6 victory in set no. 2. In the tiebreaker, Bub outlasted MacNeil 10-7 for the Trojans victory.
Brevard returns to the road to Dahlonega, Ga. as they take on North Georgia. First serve in doubles play between the Tornados and the Saints is set for 2:30 p.m.
1. Edgar Bub (MOCM) def. Sam MacNeil (BCM) 6-3, 6-7, 10-7
2. Beau Wills (BCM) def. Gabriel Santana (MOCM) 6-0, 6-2
3. Diogo Sender (MOCM) def. Rory Northam (BCM) 6-3, 7-5
4. Akio Mariano (MOCM) def. Stefano Giovanolli (BCM) 7-6, 6-2
5. Murilo Pelegrino (MOCM) def. George Finch (BCM) 6-2, 6-1
6. Brahm Moolman (MOCM) def. Rob Havens (BCM) 6-2, 6-1
1. Sam MacNeil/Beau Wills (BCM) def. Edgar Bub/Rik Wolthuis (MOCM) 8-5
2. Murilo Pelegrino/Akio Mariano (MOCM) def. George Finch/Stefano Giovanolli (BCM) 8-3
3. Diogo Sender/Brahm Moolman (MOCM) def. Jonathon Lavelle/Rory Northam (BCM) 8-0