Lavelle and Fisher recognized in Senior Day defeat to Mars HillApril 7, 2012
MacNeil runs SAC win streak to 15 straight victories
Brevard, N.C. - Sam MacNeil remained undefeated in singles and doubles play on the season, and George Finch picked up a win on court no. 5 for the Tornados, but Lucas Simm topped Beau Wills on court no. 2 to clinch the match as Mars Hill topped Brevard on Saturday afternoon, 6-3.
The Tornados (7-12, 1-5 SAC) recognized four year seniors Jonathon Lavelle and Jarred Fisher before the match began, but were unable to send the duo off the courts at the McCoy Tennis Complex with a win in falling to the Lions (7-9, 3-4 SAC).
MacNeil and Wills topped Euquerio Guerrero and Enrico Patriarca on court no. 1, 9-8 (7-5) to remain undefeated on the season as Brevard’s top duo improved to 6-0 on the season in doubles play. Simm and Guilherme Lima topped Rory Northam and Lavelle on court no. 2, 8-3, to even the score, while Michael Melvill and Zach High defeated Stefano Giovanolli and George Finch to give Mars Hill edge heading into singles play with an 8-4 win on court no. 3.
MacNeil continued his undefeated streak in singles play, running it to 15 consecutive matches as the sophomore from Dunfermline, Scotland topped Guerrero on court no. 1, 6-4, 6-4. Finch added a BC victory on court no. 5, topping Melvill in straight sets, 6-2, 6-4.
Mars Hill took victories on courts 2, 3, 5 and 6 to take the 6-3 victory over the Tornados, with Simm topping Wills on court no. 2, 7-5, 6-3 to clinch the match in favor of the guests.
Brevard returns to the road for their final three matches, starting on Monday, April 9th, as the Tornados travel to Harrogate, Tenn. to take on Lincoln Memorial. First serve in doubles play between the Tornados and the Railsplitters is set for 2 p.m.
1. Sam MacNeil (BCM) def. Euquerio Guerrero (MHCM) 6-4, 6-4
2. Lucas Simm (MHCM) def. Beau Wills (BCM) 7-5, 6-3
3. Enrico Patriarca (MHCM) def. Rory Northam (BCM) 6-0, 6-4
4. Guilherme Lima (MHCM) def. Stefano Giovanolli (BCM) 6-1, 6-3
5. George Finch (BCM) def. Michael Melvill (MHCM) 6-2, 6-4
6. Zach High (MHCM) def. Rob Havens (BCM) 1-6, 7-5, 7-5
1. Sam MacNeil/Beau Wills (BCM) def. Euquerio Guerrero/Enrico Patriarca (MHCM) 9-8 (7-5)
2. Lucas Simm/Guilherme Lima (MHCM) def. Rory Northam/Jonathon Lavelle (BCM) 8-3
3. Michael Melvill/Zach High (MHCM) def. Stefano Giovanolli/George Finch (BCM) 8-4