BC Concludes Season at CokerNovember 1, 2013
This is the first meeting between the teams
The Brevard College women’s soccer team concludes the 2013 slate when it travels to Coker for a South Atlantic Conference match Saturday afternoon at 4:30 p.m. at Coker Soccer Field in Hartsville, S.C.
• The Tornados (3-12-1, 0-9-1 SAC) seek to end a 13-match winless skid while seniors Jamie Bundy, Lindsay Pritchard, Francie Blair, Elena Crowe, Kasi Benskin and Brittany Webster will play in their final collegiate match.
• On Wednesday, BC fell to No. 11 Lenoir-Rhyne, 2-0, and was outshot 25-2. The Bears grabbed a 1-0 lead in the 37th minute and struck again in the 69th minute. Webster tallied seven shots while Clair Deese notched the teams’ two shots.
• Offensively, Head Coach Shigeyoshi Shinohara’s team has scored more goals this year (16) than it did all of last season (10). If BC scores Saturday, the Tornados will surpass their goal total from 2011. Eight Tornados have recorded double-digit shots in 2013.
• Deese leads the team with 22 shots while Yuki Soga paces the Tornado squad with four goals, three assists and 11 points. Sarah Fonger and Kaitlin Burns have recorded three goals apiece while Katherine Nickels has notched two. Burns sits second on the team with 20 shots.
• Senior goalkeeper Webster has saved her best for last while this season has proven to be her best as a Tornado. Three wins and a 2.18 goals against average are both career-highs. The Stafford, Va., native has accumulated 72 saves this year and 326 on her career.
• Currin Sessions, Soga, Crowe, Pritchard and Webster have started every match this season. Alexis Griffis has started all but one match while teammate Alyssa Bois has recorded 14 starts.
• Coker (4-12-1, 1-8-1 SAC) looks to snap a two-match losing skid after falling to Belmont Abbey, 6-0, Wednesday. The Cobras a 3-4-1 at home while BC is 1-6-1 on the road.
• The Cobras have eight players that have tallied at least 10 shots with Jaylnn Fortt leading the way with 24. Fortt paces the squad in points (7) and assists (3) while leads the team with three goals. Goalkeeper Lizz Morris leads the SAC with 150 saves while starting all 17 matches for Coker.
• This is the first meeting between the two squads.