Lenoir-Rhyne Defeats BCApril 4, 2014
HICKORY, N.C.- The Brevard College (1-14, 0-7 SAC) men’s tennis team traveled to play the Lenoir-Rhyne Bears (6-13, 3-5 SAC) on April 4 at Hickory High School, losing 8-1 in the South Atlantic Conference match-up.
The solo win for the Tornados was developed during the doubles match between BC’s David Taggart and Rory Northam and L-R’s Robin Hochquertel and Hunter Pack. The competitive match-up between both resulted in a 8-5 win for Brevard College.
Christoph Plasa lost in extra sets when he played in the No.4 spot for BC against Filip Dobrosavlejevic. Plasa started out with a 6-3 win then fell 0-6 in the second allowing Dobrosavelejevic to come back for the win at 10-3.
Northam played Hochquertel during his No.1 singles but couldn’t find his luck from doubles for a win. Rory fell the the Bears opponent 6-1. Taggart also played against pack from his doubles. Pack took the win at 6-2, 6-4.
The Tornados will play on Sunday against Tusculum College at 2:00 p.m. for another SAC match-up.
Lenoir-Rhyne 6, Brevard College 1
Apr 04, 2014 at Hickory, N.C. (Hickory High School)
1. Robin Hochguertel (L-R) def. David Taggart (BCMTEN) 6-1, 6-1
2. Hunter Pack (L-R) def. Rory Northam (BCMTEN) 6-2, 6-2
3. Kilian Symalla (L-R) def. Christoph Plasa (BCMTEN) 6-1, 6-4
5. John Christian Reid (L-R) def. Guilherme Prophirio (BCMTEN) 6-3, 6-2
6. Matthew Ledford (L-R) def. Vinicius Fernandes (BCMTEN) 6-0, 6-0
1. David Taggart/Rory Northam (BCMTEN) def. Robin Hochguertel/Hunter Pack (L-R) 8-5
3. Matthew Ledford/John Christian Reid (L-R) def. Guilherme Prophirio/Vinicius Fernandes (BCMTEN) 8-0
Brevard College 1-14, 0-7 SAC
Lenoir-Rhyne 6-13, 3-5 SAC