Asheville, N.C. - The BC men’s tennis team made the trip to nearby Division I UNC Asheville on Sunday afternoon, taking on the Bulldogs at the ARC Downtown Tennis Complex, but the journey did not end in the Tornados favor as UNC Asheville took all seven points on the afternoon in handing Brevard the 7-0 defeat.
The Tornados fall to 1-1 on the season, while UNC Asheville improves to 2-3 with the sweep.
Sam MacNeil and Beau Wills fell to Matt Waissen and Jonas Brobeck on court no. 1 in doubles competition, falling 8-5 to open the afternoon and Stefano Giovanolli and Rory Northam dropped their match on court no. 2, falling to Adrien Langeard and Thomas Rees, 8-2. George Finch and Jonathon Lavelle were unable to take their match on court no. 3, falling to the Bulldogs 8-0.
Moving to singles competition, MacNeil took Langeard to the limit in the best match of the day on court no. 1, but the score ended in the Bulldogs’ favor, 6-3, 6-1 and UNC Asheville did not drop a set in the other five singles matches in recording the sweep over Brevard.
Brevard returns home to the McCoy Tennis Complex as they welcome Lander University to Brevard, N.C. on Saturday, February 25th. First serve in doubles play between the Tornados and the Bearcats is set for 1 p.m.
1. Adrien Langeard (UNCA) def. Sam MacNeil (BCM) 6-3, 6-1
2. Matt Waissen (UNCA) def. Beau Wills (BCM) 6-2, 6-2
3. Jonas Brobeck (UNCA) def. Rory Northam (BCM) 6-1, 6-2
4. Thomas Rees (UNCA) def. Stefano Giovanolli (BCM) 6-0, 6-1
5. John Schubel (UNCA) def. George Finch (BCM) 6-2, 6-0
6. Pete Conaty (UNCA) def. Rob Havens (BCM) 6-0, 6-0
1. Matt Waissen/Jonas Brobeck (UNCA) def. Sam MacNeil/Beau Wills (BCM) 8-5
2. Adrien Langeard/Thomas Rees (UNCA) def. Stefano Giovanolli/Rory Northam (BCM) 8-2
3. John Schubel/Pete Conaty (UNCA) def. George Finch/Jonathon Lavelle (BCM) 8-0