The Brevard College women’s soccer team concludes a two-match home stint when it welcomes Anderson for a South Atlantic Conference match Tuesday afternoon at 1:30 p.m. at Brevard Soccer Field in Brevard, N.C.
• The Tornados (3-9-1, 0-6-1 SAC) seek to end a 10-match winless skid while playing their fourth home match in their last six contests.
• On Saturday, BC dropped a 1-0 decision to Catawba on Senior Day. The Indians Kali Chaplin netted a goal in 44th minute to provide the game’s lone goal. Brittany Webster had a solid day while she recorded seven saves. Seven Tornados registered a shot on the day.
• Offensively, Head Coach Shigeyoshi Shinohara’s team has scored more goals this year (14) than it did all of last season (10). The Tornados are 3-1-1 when producing double-digit shots and 0-8 when held to single digits in the category.
• Sarah Fonger paces the squad in shots with 17 while Clair Deese is second with 16. Fonger and Yuki Soga are tied for the team lead in goals (three) while Soga paces the Tornados in assists (three).15 Tornados have taken a shot on the year.
• Senior goalkeeper Webster has started all 13 matches this season and has racked up 51 saves and three wins for the Tornados. Webster reached the 300-save plateau in her career Saturday with a save in the first half.
• The Tornados will receive a spark offensively as Jamie Bundy and Althea Dunn are set to see extended playing time following their respective injuries. The duo has combined for 62 shots since the start of 2011.
• Anderson is 4-6-4, 2-2-4 SAC on the season and have won its last two matches by an identical 1-0 score. The Trojans have won only once on the road and haven’t scored away from home since Sept. 25, which spans over three games.
• The Trojans have eight players with double figures in shots while Krystal Goss paces the team in shots (43), points (12), goals (four) and assists (four). Goalkeeper Kaitlyn Neipp is having a fine year while she sits second in the conference in saves (84) and has allowed only 13 goals all season. Neipp sports a 1.02 goals against average and has recorded four shutouts this year.
• Anderson has won three consecutive matches in the series, including the last two via shutout. BC last defeated the Trojans in 2009, 3-2 in overtime. Anderson won 2-0 last season.